6G MOBILE NETWORKS. ACTION PLAN FOR RUSSIA
- E.E. Devyatkin, FSUE NIIR, Advanced Wireless Communication Technologies Research Center, director, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.V. Ivankovich, FSUE NIIR, Advanced Wireless Communication Technologies Research Center, deputy director, Ph.D.; email@example.com
Keywords: sixth generation communication networks, 6G, roadmap, service matrix, radio frequency spectrum, subterahertz and terahertz radio frequency ranges.
The article presents the first steps оf national developments of 6G technology. The need for synchronization in ongoing research on 6G in terms of the developed regulatory framework and coordination research between competent authorities and organizations is illustrated. The matrix of services provided on 6G networks developed by FSUE NIIR is presented. Based on the matrix, conclusions are drawn regarding the appearance and technical parameters of future communication networks. The main provisions of the roadmap on the main directions of development of 6G communication networks, developed in 2020 by order of the Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation are given. The results of studies aimed at increasing the capacity of existing 5G networks and creating a groundwork for the future 6G communication system are presented.
ASSESSMENT OF THE QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE OF AUGMENTED REALITY APPLICATIONS WITH VIRTUAL ASSISTANTS
- M.A. Makolkina, The Bonch-Bruevich Saint-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (SPbSUT), department of communication networks and data transmission (CN&DT), professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.S. Borodin, representative of PJSC Rostelecom in the ITU, Ph.D.; alexey.Borodin@rt.ru
- B.O. Pankov, SPbSUT, department of CN&DT, master;
Keywords: augmented reality, Internet of Things, virtual assistant, quality of experience, subjective methods, delay, throughput.
The article discusses the use of virtual assistants in the implementation of augmented reality services. An augmented reality application with a virtual assistant was developed and the quality of the experience was assessed using subjective and objective methods.
IoT MODEL WITH MULTIMODAL NODE ALLOCATION AND THE METHOD OF USING MOBILE HEAD NODES FOR DATA COLLECTION
- D.M. Vorobiova, The Bonch-Bruevich Saint-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (SPbSUT), department of communication networks and data transmission (CN&DT), postgraduate; email@example.com
- A.I. Paramonov, SPbSUT, department of CN&DT, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.E. Koucheryavy, SPbSUT, head of the department of CN&DT, scientific chief of innovation infocommunications Lab of PJSC Rostelecom in SPbSUT, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); email@example.com
- A.I. Paramonov, SPbSUT, department of CN&DT, innovation infocommunications Lab of PJSC Rostelecom in SPbSUT, scientific consultant, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: IoT network, mobile head node, clustering, data collection, movement speed.
The paper is devoted to the problem of organizing the movement of head nodes in the Internet of Things (IoT) network with a heterogeneous (multimodal) distribution of nodes in the service area. A method for clustering a heterogeneous network is proposed, which makes it possible to distinguish clusters that differ in the density of nodes and select the speed of movement of the head node in accordance with the density in each cluster. The proposed method is based on the use of the DBSCAN clustering algorithm and makes it possible to increase the efficiency of the use of mobile head nodes. The method can be applied in organizing data collection in the IoT network.
DIRECTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT OF THE STRATEGIC PLAN OF THE INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION UNION FOR 2023−2027
- N.P. Reznikova, FSUE NIIR, chief scientific officer, professor, Dr.Sci.(Econ.); email@example.com
- G.S. Artemieva, MTUCI, department of digital economics, management and business technologies, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.V. Kaliuga, FSUE NIIR, EMC Analysis Center, head of a laboratory; email@example.com
Keywords: International Telecommunication Union, ITU, strategic plan, strategic goals, targets, mission, resolutions, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), regional presence, information and communication technologies (ICT), ICT Development Index (IDI).
The general conditions for the formation of the Strategic Plan (SP) of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) for the period 2024−2027 are presented. Possibilities of its improvement in comparison with the current SP for 2020−2023 are shown, aimed at ensuring the continuity of the SP, increasing transparency and the role of the SP in creating conditions for the implementation of the «One ITU» concept, taking into account the methodological experience of the United Nations (UN). The possibility of preserving the five existing strategic goals of the ITU for the perspective of 2024−2027 and their corresponding targets are substantiated. A new formulation of the ITU mission is proposed. General framework requirements for the ITU SP are formulated.
APPLICATION OF CYCLOSTATIONARY PROPERTIES OF PERIODIC SIGNALS FOR POWER ANALYSIS IN ELECTRIC CIRCUITS
- T.Ya. Shevgunov, Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI), department of theoretical radio engineering, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- O.A. Gushchina, MAI, postgraduate; email@example.com
Keywords: electric power, cyclostationarity, Fourier series, cross-correlation function, cross spectral correlation function, average power, apparent power, resonant circuit.
The paper proposes a cyclostationary approach to the power analysis for electric circuits excited by sources of periodic currents or voltages. The formal expressions for characteristics of instantaneous power are obtained on the basis of cross spectral covariance function and their relation to the average and apparent power is established. The analysis of the harmonic distribution of the power in a linear circuit under periodic excitation is carried out. The main stages of the method are illustrated with a numerical simulation example.
SAMPLE CLOCK OFFSET COMPENSATION IN THE FIFTH-GENERATION NEW RADIO UPLINK
- O.G. Ponomarev, Tomsk State University (TSU), department of radiophysics, associate professor; Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- M. Assaf, TSU, department of radiophysics, postgraduate; email@example.com
Keywords: 5G-NR, CP-OFDM, synchronization, sample clock offset, PUSCH.
The paper investigates the issue of sampling clock offset (SCO) in the fifth generation new radio systems. Due to the imperfect SCO estimation methods, the correction methods relying on the SCO estimation are not perfect, so the proposed method directly corrects the effect of SCO without using any kind of estimation method. Our method is designed to correct the signals in the physical uplink shared channel (PUSCH). The method uses reference signals as recommended by the 3rd generation partnership project (3GPP) standards. The results of the numerical simulation show that the use of the proposed method increases the efficiency of data transmission over the multipath radio channel by more than 15% in a wide range of signal-to-noise ratio values.
MUTUAL PATENTING TRENDS IN TELECOMMUNICATION FIELD ON THE EXAMPLE OF LEADING WORLD PATENT OFFICES
- A.S. Vladimirov, Gorodissky & Partners, deputy head of electronics & physics department, Russian & Eurasian patent attorney, Ph.D.; VladimirovA@gorodissky.com
- V.A. Bashkirov, Gorodissky & Partners, head of the patent search department, Russian & Eurasian patent attorney; BashkirovV@gorodissky.com
Keywords: intellectual property, telecommunications, innovations, inventions, patenting, mutual patenting, patent search, protection of innovative technical solutions.
The article provides the results of patent research in the field of innovative technologies based on worldwide and Russian patent statistics. There is a steady increase in the number of patent applications filed both by residents and non-residents in lead countries. The strategy of legal protection for innovative technical solutions is outlined in order to ensure promotion on external and internal markets. The dynamics of mutual intellectual property infiltration between the USA, Europe, and China is analyzed. The authors focused on the share of patent applications in the field of telecommunications technology. The patent statistics is based on the International Patent Classification. The article concludes that there is an imbalance in mutual patenting between Chinese patent subjects and Patent Offices of Europe and the USA. A drop is noted both in the total number of patent applications in the Russian Federation and in the number of applications submitted by non-residents.