COLUMBUS OF RADIO ENGINEERING. TO THE 125TH ANNIVERSARY OF RADIO INVENTION. PART II
- N.A. Borisova, The A.S. Popov Central Museum of communications, science director, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: A.S. Popov, G. Marconi, L. Lodge, N. Tesla, invention of radio, priority, lightning detector, synergetic approach.
The article presents the evidence that the invention, publicly demonstrated by the Russian physicist A.S. Popov on May 7 (new style), 1895, marked the beginning of wireless communication. The following questions are discussed. What happened on that date? On whose works Popov was based, creating a wireless communication scheme? The core and novelty of the technical solution are described. A misconception that on May 7, 1895, A.S. Popov publicly presented the lightning detector is disputed. For a comparative analysis of Popov’s and predecessors' contribution to the radio invention a synergetic approach is used.
IDENTIFICATION OF DEVICES AND SYSTEMS OF NARROW-BAND WIRELESS NETWORKS OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS. PART II
- A.S. Borodin, representative of PJSC Rostelecom in ITU, Ph.D.; aleksey. email@example.com
- R.V. Kirichek, Saint-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (SPbSUT), professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.D. Sazonov, SPbSUT, postgraduate; email@example.com
- M.A. Rozhkov, SPbSUT, undergraduate; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.V. Kolesnikov, Internet of Things Association, director; email@example.com
- A.A. Birman, FSUE ZaschitaInfoTrans, project manager; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.N. Rogdev, PJSC Rostelecom, LLC Technical Center of the Internet, general director; email@example.com
Keywords: identification, Internet of things, digital objects architecture, DOA, entity, resolution system.
A description of an identification system for IoT devices based on the Digital Object Architecture (DOA) is given. An analysis of alternative identifiers is given and the advantages of DOA for both identification and anti-counterfeit purposes are shown. The second part of the article presents the implementation of DOA technology on a specific example — the device identification system in the Russian transport industry. It is also developed a simulation model of a network fragment. A series of optimization experiments are performed.
A STUDY OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF A NEW PREDICTION METHOD FOR RADIO CHANNELS QUALITY OF 4G AND 5G SYSTEMS
- A.V. Pestryakov, Moscow Technical University of Communications and Informatics (MTUCI), head of the department of radio equipment and circuitry, professor, Dr.Sc.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.S. Konstantinov, MTUCI, postgraduate; email@example.com
Keywords: channel prediction, multipath propagation, GMEDS, Wilcoxon Signed Ranks Test, 4G, 5G, machine learning, long short-term memory (LSTM), convolutional neural networks (CNN).
Analysis of the performance of promising methods of radio channel state prediction was carried out. The statistical significance of the obtained results is estimated by the Wilcoxon Signed Ranks Test. The effectiveness of the new predictive framework developed on the basis of several artificial neural networks is investigated. Its effectiveness is confirmed.
SYNTHESIS OF A FILTER BANK BASED ON WEYL-HEISENBERG COMPLEX BASIS
- V.P. Volchkov, MTUCI, department of general communication theory, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- V.G. Sannikov, MTUCI, department of general communication theory, professor, Ph.D.; email@example.com
Keywords: Weyl-Heisenberg basis, synthesis of optimal bases, good frequency-time localization, signal base, bank of digital filters, efficient computational implementation, frequency-time analysis.
The synthesis of a bank of digital filters for the frequency-time analysis of complex discrete signals defined on a finite interval is considered. For this purpose, it is proposed to use a special toolkit — a complex signal basis of Weyl-Heisenberg. It is shown that this approach allows flexible adjustment of the time-frequency characteristics of digital filters in accordance with the desired standard and leads to a multi-speed multi-channel filter procedure that allows fast computational implementation. The final formulas describing the filter bank are obtained, and an analysis of its computational efficiency is presented.
COMBINATION OF LINEAR AND NONLINEAR ESTIMATION ALGORITHMS OF OFDM SIGNAL DISTORTION IN THE DIRECT CONVERSION RECEIVER
- N.Eu. Poborchaya, MTUCI, department of general communication theory, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: OFDM, estimation, modified least-squares method, nonlinear filtering algorithm, regularization theory, a priori uncertainty, phase noise, IQ imbalance, frequency shift, DC drift.
Joint estimation of the stationary channel and OFDM signal distortions acquired in the direct conversion receiver under conditions of a priori uncertainty of distribution law of phase and additive noises is proposed. The algorithm is based on a combination of polynomial spline approximation and the linear least-squares method, as well as non-linear filtering procedures or regularizing algorithm. An experimental analysis of the dependence of the noise immunity of the considered algorithm, operating on two test OFDM symbols, is carried out.
WIDEBAND SIGNAL DISPERSION DISTORTION COMPENSATORS PERFORMANCE AND COMPUTATIONAL COMPLEXITY ESTIMATION
- E.O. Lobova, MTUCI, science research department, junior researcher; email@example.com
Keywords: wideband signals, ionosphere, frequency dispersion, distortion, HF radio links, digital filter bank, computational efficiency.
The article proposes a methodology for evaluating the computational efficiency and the main parameters of a device for compensating dispersion distortions of wideband signals in the HF radio link based on a filter bank. The article also discusses the results of comparing the performance and computational complexity of dispersion distortion compensation algorithms based on a bank of digital filters and a classical compensator filter.
FREQUENCY SYNTHESIS WITH DIGITAL-TO-ANALOG COMPENSATION OF FRACTIONAL NOISE IN THE PLL SYSTEM
- V.I. Koslov, independent researcher, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: frequency synthesizer, fractional noise, spectral purity, agility.
The idea of digital-to-analog fractional noise cancellation is to construct a phase detector circuit in such a way that the compensating and main frequency control phase-locked loop (PLL) signals are both generated together and simultaneously in digital form and only at the last stage are transformed into an analog signal. Calculation of the signal spectrum is given. Comparison is made with the existing widely used DDS and Fractional-N PLL synthesizers.
THE ROLE OF HARMONIZATION OF ACTIVITIES TO IMPROVE THE RATING OF RUSSIA IN THE INTERNATIONAL STATISTICAL COMPARISONS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND ICT
- N.P. Reznikova, FSUE NIIR, chief scientific officer, professor, Dr.Sci.(Econ.); email@example.com
- G.S. Artemieva, MTUCI, associate professor, Ph.D.(Econ.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.V. Kaliuga, FSUE NIIR, deputy head of a laboratory of EMC Analysis Center; email@example.com
Keywords: international statistical comparisons, IDI, new ITU Index, concept, telecommunications, ICT, rating of Russia, sustainable development goals.
The main directions for finding ways to improve the rating of the Russian Federation in international statistical comparisons in the field of telecommunications/ICT are presented, taking into account the need to harmonize various activities related to assessing the impact of telecommunications/ICTs on achieving the sustainable development goals, as well as the advent of the new International Telecommunication Union Index instead of the ICT Development Index (IDI).
METHODICAL BASES OF MEASUREMENT OF SYNERGETIC EFFICIENCY OF INVESTMENT PROJECTS
- Eu.V. Buydinov, RSCC, deputy general director for communications systems development and operation; firstname.lastname@example.org
- T.A. Kuzovkova, MTUCI, professor, Dr.Sci.(Econ.); email@example.com
- D.V. Kuzovkov, MTUCI, Institute of professional development, chief specialist, Ph.D.(Econ.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- O.I. Sharavova, MTUCI, associate professor, Ph.D.(Econ.); email@example.com
Keywords: communication, investment project, externalities, extracurricular, synergetic effect, integral expert method.
The article reveals the essence of the synergetic efficiency of investment projects in the field of communication. Methods of measuring synergistic efficiency, the system of indicators and models of calculation of externalities, non-sectoral efficiency, and integral efficiency coefficient of projects, taking into account economic and social components of effect, are proposed.
ULTRA WIDEBAND RADIATOR WITH A STABLE PHASE CENTER FOR A REFLECTOR ANTENNA
- D.V. Bosomykin, FSUE NIIR, Scientific and Engineering Center for the Development of Complex Radio Systems (SEC DCR), director; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.P. Vorontsov, FSUE NIIR, SEC DCR, head of a department, Ph.D.; email@example.com
- I.V. Prischepa, FSUE NIIR, SEC DCR, lead communications engineer; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.A. Gavrilov, FSUE NIIR, SEC DCR, branch of the JSC ORKK-NII KP, deputy head of the scientific and technical department, Ph.D.; email@example.com
- A.V. Proreshkin, branch of the JSC ORKK-NII KP, research engineer; firstname.lastname@example.org
- N.G. Knyazev, branch of the JSC ORKK-NII KP, research engineer; email@example.com
Keywords: radio communication, radio astronomy, broadband directional antennas, directional antenna systems, ultra wideband irradiator, Vivaldi antennas.
It is presented the wideband irradiator with a stable phase center for use in a reflector antenna irradiator. The irradiator is based on a smoothly expanding slot. It has two coaxial feeds to form dual linear orthogonal polarization. Circular polarization radiation can be achieved with an additional hybrid coupler. The VSWR≤2 bandwidth is obtained for a frequency ratio of more than 1:16. The directional characteristics of the irradiator of a reflector antenna based on a Vivaldi antenna are investigated, the results of calculations and measurements of its parameters are presented. The suitability of the irradiator for use as a part of the irradiator of the ultra-wideband reflector antenna system is justified.
INTEGRATED PROCESSING OF INFORMATION ON THE COVERAGE AREA STATUS OF THE MOBILE OPERATOR’S NETWORK USING FUZZY INFERENCE ALGORITHM
- A.A. Sorokin, Astrakhan State Technical University (ASTU), associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- I.Yu. Kvyatkovskaya, ASTU, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); email@example.com
Keywords: information system, monitoring, network coverage area, information processing, fuzzy inference system, identification, integrated assessment.
To process the information on the state of the network coverage area of the mobile communication operator, a hierarchical system of fuzzy inference has been built. Numerical experiments to study the work of the proposed hierarchical system of fuzzy input showed that each of the input variables has a rather high impact on the final integral score. The proposed provisions lay the foundation for the formation of an information-measuring complex for identifying the status of the telecommunications network coverage area based on the integration of technical and socio-economic factors. Using the obtained results, programs were developed and registered for assessing the quality of telecommunication services and identifying the status of mobile subscriber devices.
HAZARD WARNING SYSTEM WITH GSM-CHANNEL
- S.V. Nesterov, Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI), branch Vzlet, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- S.E. Trubenko, MAI, branch Vzlet, student; email@example.com
Keywords: hazard warning system, microcontroller, Arduino ProMini platform, GSM module.
The article describes elements of design and principles of operation of the warning system, which in case of unauthorized intrusion into the territory of the protected object provides sending of an alarm message via GSM-channel. The active model of the hazard warning system is presented.