COLUMBUS OF RADIO ENGINEERING. TO THE 125th ANNIVERSARY OF RADIO INVENTION. PART I
- N.A. Borisova, The A.S. Popov Central Museum of communications, science director, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: A.S. Popov, G. Marconi, L. Lodge, N. Tesla, invention of radio, priority, lightning detector, synergetic approach.
The article presents the evidence that the invention, publicly demonstrated by the Russian physicist A.S. Popov on May 7 (new style), 1895, marked the beginning of wireless communication. The following questions are discussed. What happened on that date? On whose works Popov was based, creating a wireless communication scheme? The core and novelty of the technical solution are described. A misconception that on May 7, 1895, A.S. Popov publicly presented the lightning detector is disputed. For a comparative analysis of Popov’s and predecessors’s contribution to the radio invention a synergetic approach is used.
COMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS AND PANDEMIC
- A.S. Borodin, representative of PJSC Rostelecom in ITU, Ph.D.; email@example.com;
- A.Eu. Koucheryavy, The Bonch-Bruevich Saint-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (SPbSUT), head of the department of communication networks and data transmission (CN and DT), professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: overloading, quality of service, quality of experience, network 2030, new network protocols, holographic copies, avatars.
Communication networks are currently the foundation of a digital economy. The coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) has forced experts to take a fresh look at the problems of the stable functioning of communication networks and the trends of their development. The article proposes solutions for streamlining the requirements for communication networks in a pandemic and for their development that would reduce the impact of phenomena like the pandemic on the life of mankind as a whole.
IMPROVEMENT OF THE REGULATIONS FOR NARROW-BAND IoT WIRELESS NETWORKS USING CONVERGENT SOLUTIONS
- E.E. Devyatkin, FSUE NIIR, EMC Analysis Center, deputy director, Ph.D.(Econ.); email@example.com;
- D.N. Fedorov, FSUE NIIR, EMC Analysis Center, lead engineer; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Ya.M. Gass, FSUE NIIR, EMC Analysis Center, head of laboratory; email@example.com;
- M.V. Ivankovich, FSUE NIIR, EMC Analysis Center, deputy head of department, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Internet of things, IoT, narrowband networks, convergent solutions, normative legal acts, codification of the legislation.
Existing narrowband wireless communication networks using convergent solutions are reviewed and classified. It is shown that the emergence of narrowband wireless networks of Internet of things increases the need for transition from local adjustments of legislation in the field of communications to the creation of the Infocommunication Code of the Russian Federation.
IDENTIFICATION OF DEVICES AND SYSTEMS OF NARROWBAND WIRELESS NETWORKS OF THE INTERNET OF THINGS. PART I
- A.S. Borodin, representative of PJSC Rostelecom in ITU, Ph.D.; email@example.com;
- R.V. Kirichek, SPbSUT, department of CN and DT, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org;
- D.D. Sazonov, SPbSUT, postgraduate; email@example.com;
- M.A.Rozhkov, SPbSUT, undergraduate; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A.V. Kolesnikov, Internet of Things Association, director; email@example.com;
- A.A. Birman, FSUE «ZaschitaInfoTrans», project manager; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A.N. Rogdev, PJSC Rostelecom, LLC Technical Center of the Internet, general director; email@example.com.
Keywords: identification, Internet of things, digital objects architecture, DOA, device, system.
A description of an identification system for IoT devices based on the Digital Object Architecture (DOA) is given. The analysis of alternative identifiers is carried out. The advantages of DOA for both identification and counterfeiting tasks have been shown. The first part of the article discusses the main provisions related to the identification of IoT devices.
MODEL OF ENERGY-EFFICIENT LONG-RANGE MESH NETWORK
- V.D. Pham, SPbSUT, postgraduate; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- D.A. Gallyamov, SPbSUT, postgraduate; email@example.com;
- O.I. Vorozheykina, SPbSUT, department of CN and DT, head of laboratory; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- R.V. Kirichek, SPbSUT, department of CN and DT, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); email@example.com.
Keywords: mesh network, wireless sensor network, modulation, LoRa, packet delivery ratio, Internet of things, IoT, delay.
The article presents a simulation model of energyefficient long-range mesh network based on LoRa technology. The model takes into account various parameters of nodes and communication channels of LoRa technology. A series of computer experiments allowed analyzing the delivery time and packet delivery ratio. Based on the simulation results, conclusions are drawn about the ability to use the mesh network for the application of Smart Sustainable Cities.
APPLICATION OF ROBUST M-ESTIMATIONS FOR MACHINE LEARNING IN VANETs
- A.R. Abdellah, SPbSUT, postgraduate; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A. Muthanna, SPbSUT, department of CN and DT, associate professor, Ph.D.; email@example.com;
- A.Eu. Koucheryavy, SPbSUT, head of the department of CN and DT, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: machine learning, robust M-estimation, vehicular ad hoc networks, VANET.
Investigations in the field of telecommunication networks and systems of the fifth and beyond generations require the use of new technological solutions. Artificial intelligence techniques, which have recently been increasingly used in solving various problems in the field of networks and communication systems, are presented. The paper proposes and investigates the effectiveness of applying robust M-estimations for machine learning in vehicular ad hoc networks (VANET).
HIGH-PRECISION ALGORITHMS FOR TRACKING IN THE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEM
- M.I. Sychev, Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI), department 410, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); email@example.com.
Keywords: tracking, multi-model filtration, radio-technical surveillance tools.
The problem of tracking in the air traffic control system using multi-model filtration is considered. The four-model algorithm is presented and investigated. Results of modeling are reported.
POSSIBILITIES OF EXPANDING THE COVERAGE AREA OF LOCAL FUNCTIONAL ADDITIONS WHILE PROVIDING HIGH-PRECISION CORRECTIONS OF SATELLITE RADIO NAVIGATION SYSTEM ERRORS
- V.E. Vovasov, MAI, department 402, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: GLONASS, GPS, code pseudo-range, carrier phase pseudo-range, temporal ephemeris information, control and correction stations, time-frequency corrections.
The methods of high-precision error correction of the satellite radio navigation system are analyzed. It is proposed to consider an improved version of correction based on the definition of differential corrections of a chain of decentralized stations. For this purpose, real-time corrections, practically deprived of ionospheric and tropospheric components, are calculated.
DOPPLER FREQUENCY SHIFT ESTIMATION BASED ON THE FIRST- AND SECOND-ORDER DIFFERENCE PHASES
- V.V. Egorov, JSC Russian Institute for Power Radioengineering (JSC RIPR), leading research fellow, Saint-Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (SUAI), head of department, Ph.D.; email@example.com;
- S.A. Lobov, JSC RIPR, first deputy director — technical director, SUAI, professor, Ph.D.;
- M.L. Maslakov, JSC RIPR, research scientist; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A.N. Mingalev, JSC RIPR, head of a laboratory, SUAI, associate professor, Ph.D.; email@example.com.
Keywords: Doppler shift, estimation, phase, phase-shift-keying, first-order difference phases, second-order difference phases.
The problem of Doppler frequency shift estimation of the single-tone information signal with phase-shift-keying modulation under conditions when the information sequence is unknown is considered. The description of the estimation method using the first-and second-order phase difference is given. The results of the numerical simulation are presented.
ANALYSIS OF INVERSE CLASS-F POWER AMPLIFIER WITH FORMING LINE
- V.V. Voronovich, FSUE 18 Central Research Institute (18 CRI) of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, chief researcher, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org;
- A.G. Gadzikovskiy, FSUE 18 CRI, junior research fellow; email@example.com;
- A.Yu. Potapov, FSUE 18 CRI, leading research fellow, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: power amplifier, inverse class-F, energy characteristics, band characteristics.
Results of the study of the inverse class-F power amplifier with forming line segment are given. The connection of energy and band characteristics with the circuit parameters in normalized form is established. The results show that this power amplifier is superior in energy characteristics in the high-frequency band to power amplifiers of other classes.
THERMAL STABILITY OF THE BAND-STOP FILTER OF THE TRANSMITTING FEEDER PATH OF INCREASED POWER
- L.V. Alekseychik, Moscow Power Engineering Institute, professor, FSUE NIIR, scientific adviser, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); AlexeychikLV.@mpei.ru;
- N.V. Andrievsky, FSUE NIIR, head of department; email@example.com;
- A.G. Kizima, LLC ElkerS, technical director; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- N.V. Pavlov, FSUE NIIR, head of laboratory; email@example.com.
Keywords: band-stop filter, dielectric resonator, microwave filter, conductive heat removal, thermal stability.
Options are proposed for increasing the temperature stability of the band-stop filter of the radio astronomy range for radio navigation complex GLONASS in order to ensure a minimum temperature difference between ceramic dielectric resonators and their seats due to improved conductive heat removal. Two versions of the dielectric support of ceramic dielectric resonator are proposed: in the form of a truncated cone made of quartz glass and cylindrical support made of hot-pressed boron nitride with a parallel pressing of layers.