APPROACH TO SUBSTANTIATE THE STRATEGIC DIRECTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF ITU FOR THE PERIOD 2024−2027 USING SWOT ANALYSIS
- N.P. Reznikova, FSUE NIIR, chief researcher, professor, Dr.Sci. (Econ.); email@example.com
- G.S. Artemyeva, Moscow Technical University of Communications and Informatics, department of the digital economy, management and business technologies, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: ITU, telecommunications and information and communication technologies (TEICT), Strategic plan, SWOT analysis method, strategic development, directions, ITU products and services, ITU Member States.
The results of a strategic analysis of possible directions for the development of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) after the 2022 Plenipotentiary Conference (for the period 2024−2027) are presented. Using the SWOT analysis method, the main strengths and weaknesses of the ITU, as well as the opportunities and main threats for the Union in the considered perspective, have been identified. By the time this study was completed, the ITU Council Working Group for Strategic and Financial Plans 2024−2027 (CWGSFP) had published the first partial version of the ITU Strategic Plan. Checking this initial version for compliance with the proposals outlined in the article leads to the conclusion about the possibility and expediency of its further development — provided that it is adopted by the ITU Council in 2022 since the CWG-SFP proposals fit into the framework of the strategic directions of development of the ITU identified by the authors.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION, TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE, AND BIG DATA ISSUES
- S.V. Kizima, FSUE NIIR, Research center of big data processing systems, director, ITU expert, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); email@example.com
Keywords: digital society, big data, electronic space of big data, telecommunication infrastructure, analytics and services based on big data.
The article is devoted to the problems of big data. The relevance of creating a common electronic information space of big data is shown. The necessity of this new entity for the development of the digital information society and the digital economy of Russia is substantiated. The article discusses the principles of formation, components, topology, and the main directions of research in the field of formation of a common electronic space of big data.
BEAM ALIGNMENT PROCEDURES FOR 5G NR DEVICES
- G.A. Fokin, The Bonch-Bruevich Saint Petersburg State University of Telecommunications, department of radio communication and broadcasting, associate professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: 5G NR, beam alignment, rectangular antenna array, beam scan, azimuth, elevation, initial radio link setup, radio communication.
New procedures for alignment of narrow beams for 5G NR standard devices during initial connection establishment and during radio communication are analyzed. Qualitative analysis shows that there is a compromise between the accuracy and the speed of beam alignment, determined by several factors, including the number of resource blocks, the dimension of the antenna array of the transmitter and receiver, as well as the scanning range in azimuth and elevation at initial connection establishment and during radio communications.
EFFICIENCY IMPROVING FOR uRLLC IN ADVANCED COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
- D.V. Kashkarov, The Bonch-Bruevich Saint-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (SPbSUT), department of communication networks and data transmission (CN&DT), postgraduate; email@example.com
- A.I. Paramonov, SPbSUT, department of CN&DT, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.E. Koucheryavy, SPbSUT, head of the department of CN&DT,
professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); email@example.com
Keywords: ultra-low delays, 5G, fifth-generation communication network, route selection, uRLLC.
The paper proposes a method for increasing the efficiency of using network resources when providing services with high uRLLC (ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications) requirements for delay by organizing multi-link connections. The method is based on solving the problem of optimal selection of available routes using dynamic programming. The proposed method allows solving both the problem of selecting a given number of routes and minimizing the number of routes providing the required delay. A near-optimal solution improves the efficiency of network resource utilization.
INVESTIGATION OF THE INFLUENCE OF NETWORK CHARACTERISTICS ON THE FUNCTIONING OF A MULTIFUNCTIONAL ROBOTIC ARM
- L.S. Gorbacheva, The Bonch-Bruevich Saint-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (SPbSUT), department of communication networks and data transmission (CN&DT), postgraduate; firstname.lastname@example.org
- V.D. Fam, SPbSUT, department of software engineering and computers, postgraduate; email@example.com
- A.Yu. Matyuhin, SPbSUT, department of CN&DT, associate professor, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.E. Koucheryavy, SPbSUT, head of the department of CN&DT, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); email@example.com
Keywords: model network, telepresence services, multifunctional robotic arm, delays, packet delivery rate, bit errors.
The paper discusses the results of the experimental investigation on the provision of telepresence services on a model network. The investigation was carried out using the Dobot Magician multifunctional robotic arm, which provided services for moving loads and drawing circles through a model network. Various conditions for attenuation, delays, distances at which services were provided, and bit errors were simulated. Conclusions were drawn about the uniformity of requirements for network parameters when providing various services by the same multifunctional robotic arm and about the advisability of clarifying the ITU-T recommendations in terms of the delay per kilometer.
EVOLUTION OF THE W+W CONCEPT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM IN THE TRANSITION TO THE DIGITAL ECONOMY
- A.V. Ermakov, branch FSUE ZNIIS — LO ZNIIS, North-Eastern Federal University, head of a department, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- K.Yu. Kolomensky, branch FSUE NIIR — LONIIR, deputy director for science, Ph.D.; email@example.com
- N.A. Sokolov, LLC Protei ST, chief science officer, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: telecommunication system, digital economy, wireless technologies, network, reliability, capacity, bandwidth, modernization.
The transition to a digital economy creates new challenges for the modernization of the telecommunication system. These systems are based on telecommunication networks using wireline and wireless technologies, the conglomerate of which can be designated for brevity with the notation W+W. The practical implementation of the W+W concept makes it possible to solve several urgent problems in the formation of a modern telecommunications system. The solutions of two problems are discussed. They are devoted to improving the reliability of the telecommunication system and accelerating the process of implementing the new requirements inherent in those enterprises that are directly or indirectly related to the subjects of the digital economy.
DIRECTIONS FOR IMPROVING SATELLITE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS THROUGH THEIR INTEGRATION INTO COOPERATIVE NETWORKS
- A.A. Ivanov, branch FSUE NIIR — LONIIR, head of scientific and technical department, Ph.D.; email@example.com
- A.O. Ivanov, branch FSUE NIIR — LONIIR, deputy head of scientific and technical department, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.M. Kozhalo, branch FSUE NIIR — LONIIR, leading engineer of a laboratory; email@example.com
- K.Yu. Kolomensky, branch FSUE NIIR — LONIIR, deputy director for science, Ph.D.; firstname.lastname@example.org
- E.V. Khristichan, branch FSUE NIIR — LONIIR, leading engineer of a laboratory, Ph.D.; email@example.com
Keywords: satellite communication systems, hybrid terrestrialsatellite systems, integrated satellite and terrestrial networks, cooperative satellite communication networks.
The purpose of the article is to systematize modern approaches to the construction of cooperative satellite communication networks with terrestrial and air communication and relay networks, as well as satellite telecommunication systems among themselves. It is proposed to classify cooperative networks on the principle of belonging to cooperative systems. Options for their structural construction and interaction of elements are given. The advantages and disadvantages of the proposed cooperative networks are described, as well as measures to ensure the necessary conditions for their successful creation and deployment.
RADIO COUNTERMEASURE OF SIGNALS INTELLIGENCE EQUIPMENT FOR THE PROTECTION OF RADAR FACILITIES
- V.N. Yudin, Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI), department of theoretical radio engineering, professor, Dr.Sci.(Tech.); firstname.lastname@example.org
- A.M. Volkov, MAI, department of theoretical radio engineering, postgraduate; email@example.com
Keywords: radio countermeasure, signals intelligence, noise masking of radiation.
The tasks, criteria, and indicators of the effectiveness of radio suppression of signals intelligence equipment are determined. The power level of active jammers required for noise masking of radiation of high-potential radar facilities is estimated.
APPROACH TO CREATING AN EXPERT SYSTEM FOR ASSESSING THE INFORMATION SECURITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- N.V. Filippov, Povolzhskiy State University of Telecommunications and Informatics (PGUTI), student; firstname.lastname@example.org
- N.V. Kireeva, PGUTI, faculty of telecommunications and radio engineering, dean, associate professor, Ph.D.; zeppelinSN@yandex.ru
- I.S. Pozdnyak, PGUTI, department of information security, associate professor, Ph.D.; email@example.com
Keywords: expert system, information security, database, knowledge base, risk assessment, information system, information telecommunication system, state standards, industrial enterprises, information, cyber security, industrial systems.
A possible model of a database of an expert system in the field of information security assessment, the theoretical basis of the knowledge base, and the development of a decisionmaking algorithm are considered. The algorithm of interaction between the user and the system is described in detail, containing several system requests and the user’s responses to them. The most popular cybersecurity tools for specialists of various levels are presented.